A Plus/Delta might be used to:
- Reflect about a recent event
- Assess the effectiveness of a team project
- Gather immediate feedback about a new process
- Ask a random sample of employees or teams about the latest organizational change
HOW TO FACILITATE A PLUS/DELTA
- Divide a blank chart paper, board, or screen into two columns. Label the left column with a plus sign (+) and the right side with a delta sign (Δ).
- Ask the group or individual to provide feedback about the strengths of the situation, process, or event. Record those responses in the plus (+) column. Recording ALL responses validates employee feedback.
- Ask the group or individual to explain what could be improved about the situation, process, or event. Record those responses in the delta (Δ) column. Recording all responses validates employee feedback.
- Prioritize the results by identifying common responses or by asking participants which items from each column are most important to them.
- Create and share an action plan using feedback from the plus/delta session.