Continuous Improvement: Where Do You Start?
Most would agree adopting a continuous improvement effort is good for a team or an organization. However, after implementing improvement science, many leaders find themselves wondering if they are, in fact, making any improvements and find it difficult to define and sustain progress. Establishing a system of continuous improvement doesn’t have to be complicated. In this podcast series, Estacada School District Superintendent, Ryan Carpenter reflects on why his team made a commitment to adopt a continuous improvement mindset across the school system, how developing deeper relationships improved results, and the difference it's making a year later. Ryan's approach to starting small and putting people first transformed their lives and work environment.
This episode addresses questions, such as:
- How can organizations build a foundation for continuous improvement work?
- What is the impact of Evidence-Based Leadership℠ on an organization’s culture?
- Why is it critical for leaders to put people first?
- What is the value of practicing conversations and using data before holding people accountable for measures?
- Why is it so important to fail?